We have received e-mails from many songwriters and unsigned artists that have asked us where can they get heard. Here are a list of radio stations that will play your material:
WAAW Shout 94.7 FM
PO Box 940, Aiken, SC 29802
PH: 803-649-6405 FX: 803-641-8844
Harry Hughes email@example.com
Serving to the edification of the Body of Christ and community building by providing sound ministry, Gospel music and in formation to masses through daily talk programs and business and community partnerships. Audio materials must be submitted in one of the following formats: WAV, MP3 or WMA. (for proprietary formats â€“ please consult with WAAW). Audio materials may be submitted on the following media: CD, data DVD, flash drives and other various memory cards. We recommend that you send files through "Yousendit."
New Driven Radio - WBCX
Sherry Sabine NewDriven@gmail.com
A weekly 4 hour radio show that features only independent Rock from across the US and around the world. It airs Tuesdays 8-midnight (est). We feature independent bands from Soft Rock, Hard Rock, Punk, Metal, Southern Rock, Americana, Pop and everything in between. The first 2 hours are called New Driven Cruise and we feature the softer stuff there. The second two hours is called New Driven Torqued and the harder stuff is featured there.
attn: Drew Slattery (Music Director), 90.5 KTRL, Box T-0095, Tarleton State U. Stephenville TX 76402
A new station looking for all styles of Folk, Roots/Americana, Country and World Music.
attn: Drew Slattery (Music Director), 100.7 KURT, Box T-0095, Tarleton State U. Stephenville TX 76402
Send us your Rock music.
PO Box 3422, Burbank, CA 91508
We have rocked Burbank, Los Angeles County and the World since May 1, 2008 and we continue to do so for one reason – independent music.
500 E. Tyler Pkwy. Ste. A, Payson, AZ 85541
Kit McGuire firstname.lastname@example.org
I am well known for presenting unsigned/Indie artists to the masses. Since we are about to stream (target date is April 1st) this will give artists a major boost and worldwide exposure. I personally screen all the artist's demos, media kits, promo packs, track-by-track myself. I screen for great music from artists hard at work touring and fullfilling their dream. I venture to say that I turn down at least 87% of what I hear. My show is only 2 hours long weekdays here so I am searching for the best artists there are!
High Plains Morning - HPPR
101 W. 5th St. #100, Amarillo, TX 79101
Johnny Black email@example.com
Singer/Songwriters, Bluegrass, Contemporary Folk, World, Jazz and much more. Includes a performance studio.
Samm Brown's "For The Record", a weekly radio program on KPFK 90.7 FM, is seeking artists/bands for airplay and critique. Each Sunday, Brown hosts a program that focuses on the entertainment industry in general and the music business in particular. Send a package to Samm Brown's For The Record, KPFK Radio, 90.7 FM, 11054 Ventura Blvd. No. 237, Studio City, CA. 91604.
Frederik Roeskestraat 96, 1076 ED Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PH: 003120-5711600 FX: 003120-5711654
Hans Kuiper/ Gijs Muller firstname.lastname@example.org
We feature independent music, originally produced programs, soundscapes, radio plays, interviews and art specials. We are connected to the Gerrit Rietveld Art Academy in Amsterdam.
WBMB Baruch College Radio, 87.9 FM The Biz
55 Lexington Ave. Ste. 3-280, New York, NY 10010
Gina Alioto email@example.com
Featuring all styles of music.
WNCW - Isothermal College
PO Box 804, Spindale, NC 28160
PH: 828-287-8000 x349 FX: 828-287-8012
Martin Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org
We're always looking for new Americana, Rock, Singer/Songwriter and World music to play.
WOJB - Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa College
13386 W. Trepania Rd. Hayward, WI 54843
PH: 715-634-2100 FX: 715-634-4070
Nicky Kellar email@example.com
We're one of the most diverse and popular stations in Wisconsin.
73-733 Fred Waring Dr. #201, Palm Desert, CA 92260
PH: 760-341-0123 FX: 760-341-7455
The Big KC firstname.lastname@example.org
KRCK supports local talent and encourages independent artists. Rock & Alternative format.
*The list of radio stations have been complied from our staff here at USA Songwriting Competition as well as Indie Bible directory.
For more information on the USA Songwriting Competition, please go tp: http://www.songwriting.net
These are the top 10 USA Songwriting Competition winners of the decade:
1. Kate Voegele (2005 USA Songwriting Competition, 1st Prize Winner, Pop) appeared on "The Tonight Show" with Conan O'Brien performing her hit song "99 Times", a Billboard Adult Top 40 Hit, peaking at #24. She hit Top 10 On Billboard 200 Albums Chart on June 15, 20. Her album "A Fine Mess" was released on Interscope/MySpace records. Her winning song"Only Fooling Yourself" hit the Billboard charts at #37.
2. Ari Gold. Winner of the 12th Annual USA Songwriting Competition (2007). After his win in the USA Songwriting Competition, Ari's winning song went on to hit #10 on the Billboard Charts, #1 on Sirius OutQ, #1 on Logo TV, etc.
3. Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer. They won the first prize in the Children's music category of the 2005 competition for their song "Scat Like That". The album of the same name won a Grammy award in the "Best Musical Album For Children" category.
4. (3 way tie) Kyler England, Gabriel Mann and Adrianne Gonzalez. Kyler England (2009 USA Songwriting Competition 1st Prize Winner), Gabriel Mann (2003 USA Songwriting Competition Overall Grand Prize Winner) & Adrianne Gonzalez (1999 Overall Grand Prize Winner) formed a Pop group "The Rescues", were just signed to Universal Republic Records in 2009.
7. Sarah Lonsert. Only 17 years old, not only broke the first prize record of being the youngest winner but also the overall grand prize winner of being the youngest winner ever. The previous youngest first prize winner was Kate Voegele, who won in 2005 at 18 years old. Adrianne Gonzalez was the youngest overall grand prize winner at 22 years old when she won in 1999. Sarah also won first prize in the Dance/Electronica category, making her the first from that category to ever win the overall grand prize. Sarah Lonsert will be releasing a full length CD earlier next year. Although Sarah suffers from autism (first autistic winner ever), she is a budding singer-songwriter and has also won the L.A. Music Awards a month before her win.
8. Darrell Scott. His song "Good Ol USA" (first prize winner of the country category in 2005) was released by Faith Hill's album in 2006.
9. Vikki Simpson. Vikki became the first non-USA based musician to ever will the overall grand prize at the USA Songwriting Competition. She achieved that in 2006. She is part of the award winning group "The Waifs".
10. Steve Tannen. Steve won the overall grand prize in 2001. He went on to get signed by Nettwerk records with his duo "The Weepies" .
Haiti faced a natural disaster of unprecedented proportion, an earthquake unlike anything the country has ever experienced. The magnitude 7.0 earthquake - and several very strong aftershocks - struck only 10 miles from Port-au-Prince. Wyclef Jean, member of the hit group "The Fugees" has created a charity fund:http://www.yele.org