1. If you enter online, you will need to fill out the online entry entry form with your full contact details and credit card (Master or Visa). After your card has been processed, you will be taken to the 2nd page where you upload your mp3 or enter with your song on YouTube, Soundcloud or Reverbnation. If you enter by mail, each entry must include: (A) Completed entry form (or photocopy). All signatures must be original. (B) CD or Audio Cassette(s) containing 1 song only, 5 minutes or less in length. Lyrics Only category do not require audio CD or cassette. (C) Lyric sheet (please include English translation if applicable). Lyrics are not required for instrumental category. (D) Check or money order for US$35.00 (US currency only). You may total all entries on 1 check (example: 6 entries = $210.00). If paying by credit card, US$35.00 per song entry will be charged to your account. All entries must be entered by June 25, 2015 or earlier.
Mail all entries to: USA Songwriting Competition
2881 E. Oakland Park Blvd, Suite 414
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306, USA.
If songs are entered online, MP3 of 8 MB or less is permitted, $35.00 per song entry will be charged to your credit card. This cost is the same whether entering online or regular mail. You would copy & paste the lyrics into the online field.
2. All songs submitted must be original.
3. Contestants may enter as many songs in as many categories as desired but each entry requires a separate CD or cassette, entry form, lyric sheet and entry fee (For example: 6 song entries would cost $210.00). One check for multiple entries/categories is permitted, One package for for multiple entries/categories is also permitted. Credit card payment is required for all Online entries. Entry fee is non-refundable. USA Songwriting Competition is not responsible for late, lost or damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen or misappropriated entries.
4. This competition is open to all amateur and professional songwriters and anyone regardless of nationality or origin. Employees of USA Songwriting Competition, their families, subsidiaries and affiliates are not eligible. Cassettes, CDs and lyrics will not be returned.
5. Winners will be chosen by a Blue Ribbon Judging Committee comprised of music industry professionals including A&R managers from record labels, publishers and producers. Songs are judged equally on originality, lyrics, melody and composition. Songs may be in any language. Quality of performance and production will not be considered. Prizes will be awarded jointly to all authors of any song. Division of prizes is responsibility of winners. The winners release sponsors from all liability regarding prizes won. Taxes are winners' responsibility. Entrants and their collaborators will retain full rights to all work submitted for the competition.
6. Winners will be notified by mail and must sign and return an affidavit confirming that winner's song is original and he/she holds rights to the song.Failure to sign and return the form within 30 days will result in immediate disqualification and an alternative winner will be selected. Entry constitutes permission to use winners names, likeness and voices for future publicity and advertising purposes without additional compensation. Winners will be determined by November 16, 2015. After which each entrant will receive a winners list by e-mail.
7. USA Songwriting Competition reserve the right to extend the deadline of the competition if needed.
8. Prizes: Overall Grand Prize winner will receive US$50,000 worth of cash, merchandise and services. Overall 2nd Prize winner will receive $9,000 worth of merchandise, Overall 3rd Prize winner will receive $6,500 worth of merchandise, 1st Prize winners in each of the 15 categories will each receive $2,200 worth of merchandise, 20 Honorable Mention winners will each receive $350 worth of merchandise. PLEASE WRITE OR PRINT CLEARLY & NEATLY.
PLEASE MAKE COPIES OF THIS APPLICATION FORM TO SUBMIT MORE ENTRIES! ENTER AS OFTEN AS YOU LIKE IN AS MANY CATEGORIES AS YOU WISH!
.: Hurry, Enter now! Click here to enter the 20th Annual USA Songwriting Competition...